Our Forms
 
Water Quality Report 2016
 
December Newsletter
 
How to read your Water Meter
 
Stage 2 Disinfection Byproducts Rule (DBP2)
 
How to Check For A Water Leak
 
Pay Your Bill Online
 

System History

 

The East Fork Water Supply Corporation was organized and chartered on February 21,1966 under Article 143a of the Revised Civil Statutes of Texas of 1925 for the purpose of providing and furnishing a safe and dependable water supply to the rural areas of Wylie in 3 counties: Collin, Dallas and Rockwall.

   

The Board of Directors of the Water Supply Corporation bolstered the original system by making capital improvements for distribution lines, supply lines, storage and pumping facilities.  The system was further improved with the addition of a second booster station, additional ground storage tanks, improved pumping capacity, a second source of supply, and elevated storage tank and system distribution lines.

 

In May of 1993, East Fork Water Supply Corporation became a Special Utility District in order to provide the system customers with a recognized political subdivision that would have the powers needed in obtaining alternative and more favorable methods of financing the future system improvements

  

A Special Utility District is a political subdivision, and can issue revenue bonds on the open market or for purchase by the Texas Water Development Board. (TWDB)  An SUD is exempt from ad valorem taxes on its personal property, utility lines and plant facilities, as well as sales tax on supplies and services. It is subject to the Open Meetings and Open Records Act. An SUD has an annual audit conducted and is filed with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).  It must follow statutory bid advertisement and contract provisions for political subdivisions and is subject to the continuing right of supervision by the TCEQ.

 

As of April 2004, East Fork SUD provides water to over 2,000 customers.  New water distribution lines have been installed, along with over 50 new fire hydrants.  Over 1800 new electronic meters have been installed, replacing the old manually- read meters.  Two new booster stations have been built, each with 500,000-gallon storage capacity.  These are located on Kreymer Ln at Brown St. and on Ballard St across from Colonial Acres.  A new 1.2 million-gallon elevated storage facility on the office grounds has been erected. Construction began in January 2004 and was completed February 2005.

       

EAST FORK SPECIAL UTILITY DISTRICT

1355 TROY ROAD

WYLIE TX 75098